Moody’s says UK election result will heightens uncertainty over Brexit negotiations and increases fiscal risks
- Pound falls amid political crisis
- Moody’s: Election result heightens uncertainty and is ‘credit negative’
- S&P: Uncertainty will hurt growth
- Introduction: Business optimism has plunged since the election
- Household spending falls for first time in four years
- Politics Live: Theresa May faces critical meeting with Tory party
Carolyn Fairbairn, the director-general of the Confederation of British Industry, has also weighed in on the issue of EU migrants.
She warns that British firms can’t be expected to replace EU nationals with UK citizens, at a time when employment in Britain is already at record high levels.
Fairbairn @CBItweets must work on improving practice day2day in firms. Focus on “how ppl treated and not the kind of contract they are on”
Speaking of EU migration….