Traffic Allocator – Solihull
We are currently recruiting a permanent Traffic Allocator for the CAT UK c/o JLR Midlands contract, based at the Solihull site.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor the Traffic Allocator’s role is to ensure vehicles are despatched from the compound in a timely and effective manner to the correct destinations ensuring all documentation is accurate and complete.
* Ensuring vehicles are dispatched from compound effectively
* Identifying new processes to enable effective running of the operation
* Contacting appointed delivery companies each morning to advice on allocation of vehicle/load required for that day for all vehicles and destinations
* Carrying out regular stock checks on pitch to maintain service levels
* Monitoring Load allocation throughout the day updating the Team Leader with any client requests
* Liaising with carriers to resolve any issues relating to compound volume and vehicle distribution
* Dealing with queries raised by the JLR relating to volume and allocation to delivery companies
* Liaising daily with the JLR despatch regarding scheduled vehicle movements and weekly / monthly forecasts
* Monitoring “late vehicles” throughout the day to ensure lead times are adhered to.
* Delivering loads on D42 system as notified by the delivery companies
* Checking Loads on D42 systems in the event of any queries being raised.
* Ensure ANPR system is monitored, actioned and updated on an hourly basis
* Answering incoming calls
* Update JLR system with vehicle location
* Process / Restrict problem vehicles
Desired Experience & Competencies
* Previous experience within a Traffic Allocation/Coordinator role desirable
* Previous experience of Traffic Allocation software systems desirable
* Sound understanding of computer programs and general administration experience
* Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word & Access skills, numerical skills
* Proven organisational abilities and an ability to prioritise workloads to meet objectives and deadlines working under pressure.
* Confident communication skills, both via e-mail and telephone, to internal staff, carriers and client
* Pay rate negotiable dependant on skill set and experience.
* Full time hours 37.5 on a rotating AM/PM Shift basis.
* 6 month probationary period with potential pay review.
* Immediate start avaialble.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Y2FycmllLjE1MTQ1Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →