Shift Team Leader – Solihull
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader for the CAT UK c/o JLR Midlands contract.
All applicants must be completely flexible and able to work across all Midlands sites and work various shifts including weekends when required.
* Ensure all arrivals & despatches follow the correct processes i.e. inspection, quality & storage
* First line of support for your team members
* Responsible to ensure the VHOs are correctly checking vehicles
* Responsible for your teams vehicle movements ensuring the hourly target is met
* Ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all time and ensure completion of safety conversation on a weekly basis
* Initiate and monitor new procedures as directed by Shift Supervisor or Management Team
* Support the Shift Supervisor in daily planning of resources to ensure workloads and deadlines are met and in controlling staff holiday leave to ensure manning levels are adequate to accommodate forecasted volumes on a daily basis
* Ensure we utilise available yard space to ensure vehicle parking protects the product against damage and maximises capacity
* Organise the load lanes, act as a point of contact for driver issues and transport
* Ensuring vehicles are parked and located as per customer’s specification, liaise with all departments.
* Ensure site standards and procedures are followed at all time by team members
* Compound damage management, identify cause and recommend resolutions
* Effectively deal with behavioural and conduct issues at a local level for escalation to the Shift Supervisor
* Undertake thorough investigations when required
To be considered for this position applicants must be able to demonstrate the following experience and competencies
* PC literate (Microsoft suites and D42)
* Previous team leader or supervisory experience to demonstrate effective leadership qualities
* Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail, face-to-face and telephone
* Self-motivated with the ability to lead and motivate the team
* Effectively drive performance, initiate and deliver continuous improvement programmes
Please note it is part of our pre-employment checks that all candidates are checked via a basic Scottish disclosure and a drug test will be carried out upon offer of employment / induction.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Y2FycmllLjY2MDU1Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →