Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
Are you an experienced Senior Design Engineer who has experience of designing within an automotive or manufacturing environment?
Do you have experience and understanding of Design for Manufacture principles?
Are you an advanced level user of 3D CAD with the ability to prepare full packages of design drawings up to full component level for turnkey installations?
Can you manage multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to manage your own workload against project milestones?
Do you live in or within commutable distance of Peterlee?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then we may just have the role for you and you should read on to see if it interests you.
An engineering/manufacturing company based in Peterlee have a requirement for a highly experiences Design Engineer (Machine Design) to provide design & complex engineered solutions to manufacturing concerns identified via new business challenges, local improvements or legislative requirements.
Typical values of projects are up to €5M with specific focus on assembly automation and systems.
The key responsibilities will include:-
* Manage up to six major design projects simultaneously, including those within own & from customer direction.
* Assumes full design & engineering responsibility for delivery of major projects typically in value from €100k to over €1M, also to include supervision of build & installation as necessary.
* Project manage major engineering installations to full pass off status, which can be driven by customers, local engineering teams, or via the company for new business installations.
* Prepare complex capital authorisations for investment approval, presenting financial analysis and justification materials.
* Mentoring of department technicians including designers and draughters, balancing their workload against customer milestones.
Requirements for the role include:-
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship is desirable.
* Advanced level capability with 3D CAD.
* 3 to 5 years in a senior engineering design role.
* 3 years in a high volume manufacturing environment.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS43MTU4NC45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →