Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting for a Prototype Supervisor on behalf of our client who are a globally recognised automotive supplier based in the Newton Aycliffe area of County Durham.
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 38 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Complimentary On Site parking
* Early Friday finish – Although flexibility is required due to the nature of the role.
Reporting directly to the Global Programme Manager and it will be your role to lead the Prototype manufacturing area from enquiry, prototype production control, through to delivery. The role encompasses day to day coordination with the prototype team, company project team, suppliers and customers.
* Planning the workload within the Prototype Area and reporting issues and advising resolutions to project Programme Managers and Area Manager.
* Supervision and leadership of prototype team, facilities, staffing and development of people and facilities.
* Communicate and liaise with Programme Managers, Quality engineers, Process engineers, Purchasers, Sales department and Resident Engineers throughout the prototype process.
* Leading prototype RFQ, supplier liaison, planning and monitoring builds and prepare planning/tracking for all projects.
* Regularly review of prototype status documentation and update information into company GPCS system.
* Report prototype lessons learned to the Process Development team in order to support coming industrialization phases.
* Responsible for Health and Safety in the Prototype area.
* Develop and publish detailed planning for all projects in conjunction with Project Teams to maintain Customer deliver timing and internal kick off milestones.
* Manage late design changes, timing challenges and customer build plan revisions.
* Monitor customer build information and ordering systems to ensure delivery compliance.
* Investigating continuous improvement and Innovation potential within the prototype area (Processes, Procedures, Technologies, Training and Development of Staff etc).
* Responsible for forward planning of future projects for monthly capacity reviews
* Planning for Budget and Investment requirements
* Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, customers, project teams and other Prototype Centres globally.
* Leading effective & efficient administrative support.
* High level of experience working within an Engineering chassis environment, knowledge of the process steps involved, also ability to organise department and own workload and priorities.
* Experience of Project Management.
* Be educated to at least a degree level in an Engineering discipline.
* Proven ability to work within a team and be an effective communicator with both customers and suppliers.
* Have strong analytical and numerical skills with the proven ability to produce accurate detailed information.
* Able to travel overseas if required.
* Positive and proactive approach.
* Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Computer literate, with working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Word & Excel) is beneficial.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3Ljg4ODY4Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →