Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Production Supervisor on behalf of our client a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the County Durham area.
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Reporting directly to the Press Shop Facility Maintenance Manager you will work as an integral part of the Press Shop to maintain maximum facility efficiency & uptime, carry out improvements and Preventative maintenance on equipment.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Complimentary onsite parking
Shift allowance and Over time rates
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Lead by example as a Production Supervisor ensuring a safe and efficient work place is maintained at all times.
* Achieve the required company quality standards ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Liaise and coordinate with support functions to progress issues concerning production planning and resource/skill allocation to ensure delivery of products to schedule within all relevant quality specifications.
* Communicate with the teams by utilising the Visual Management Boards delivering shift briefs with focus on Quality Cost Delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement.
* Undertaking performance management responsibility for team members, conducting appraisals and giving direction to aid good performance.
* Application of all Company policies and procedures including discipline, grievance, Timekeeping, Attendance and Substance Mis-use etc at an appropriate level.
* Embrace and promote Total Productive Maintenance procedures to further improve the availability of the line.
* Ensure Health and Safety practices are employed and sustained.
* Reporting and acting upon plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance technicians.
* Ensuring all reports and administration tasks are up to date and accurate.
* Identify and supporting the team training needs and ensuring these requirements are completed in line with company procedures.
* Through the utilisation of lean manufacturing techniques, strive to exceed the Company targets in productivity, efficiency and quality on a continuous basis.
* Lead and motivate the team to create a high performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced.
* Develop /Implement a 5S Culture ensuring standards are sustained and improved upon.
* Ensure safe working practices are maintained and ‘Standard Operations’ adhered to.
* Be a catalyst for improvement suggestions and a driver of cost saving measures and efficiency improvements.
To be considered for this position you must have an NVQ in Supervising or hold the equivalent as well as:
* Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
* Manages the performance of others by setting clear and challenging responsibilities and monitors progress and addresses any shortfalls to ensure targets are met.
* Able to drive and embrace change by demonstrating a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances particularly with regard to Lean manufacturing methodology.
* Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives to achieve quality, cost effective results within required time frames in a high volume environment.
* Build effective relationships with work colleagues by demonstrating good participation as a team member, effective contributor and an awareness of other people and the impact on them.
* To be able to express ideas or facts clearly and convince others through excellent listening and persuasive communication with a resilient and flexible approach.
* To possess interpersonal skills to build rapport with others, displaying trust, integrity, diversity awareness and good networking skills.
* Be able to convey information in a way that allows easy understanding by the audience and correctly interprets communication from others.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuODc0MzAuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →