Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Production / Process Engineer on behalf of our client who are a globally recognised automotive supplier based in the North East of England
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for number of years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme (Up to 12% contribution from the company)
* Subsidized Canteen
* On Site parking
* Early Friday finish – Although flexibility is required due to the nature of the role.
Reporting directly to the Lead Engineer on site, it will be your role to provide engineering support to production and management to ensuring that processes are available to meet of customer & production requirements in a cost effective and timely manner.
* Technical lead for Plant In House Machining processes of the site.
* Be involved in the Installation and commission of new machinery / processes.
* Long term plans on Continuous Improvement for year on year improvements.
* Attend customer audits / VIP visits.
* TPM design and upkeep.
* Set and control budgets spend to ensure all necessary resources are available to achieve business targets.
* Carry out risk assessments and PUWER reviews and sign off to ensure a safe working environment, championing the principles of 5S and H&S.
* Day to day directing of Technicians, ensuring best use of resource. Provide shop floor technical support, beyond Technician engineer capability to maintain process conformance and capacity.
* Ensure training needs are established in line with commissioning of machines/processes, and carry out training of other personnel where appropriate to improve the overall capability of the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experienced Required
* Appropriate qualification in Engineering (HNC in Engineering minimum)
* Recognised mechanical apprenticeship is advantageous
* IT skills including all MS office and engineering related software
* Sound knowledge of manufacturing techniques specifically CNC machining processes.
* Fault finding/route cause analysis skills
* Project management skills
* Good understanding of Total Quality systems (TS16949 & ISO18001)
* Minimum 5 years’ experience of manufacturing processes preferably in the automotive sector
* Experience of Lean CI processes would be advantageous
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuNjU4MjIuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →