Resource Management Solutions
RMS are recruiting on behalf of a leading, Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer who are looking for a Production Engineer to join the busy team in Peterlee.
- Provide engineering team leadership support in the absence of the Lead Production Engineer.
- Liaising with production leadership team to establish priorities for manufacturing operations support.
- Providing technical support to production leadership team following major safety and quality incidents.
- Providing technical support, guidance, and training to others.
- Designing and implementing machine / tooling modifications to optimise output and product quality conformance.
- Setting and controlling budget spends to ensure necessary resources are available to achieve business targets.
- Providing breakdown repair support beyond production team capability.
- Creating standard operating procedures for technical tasks and process control documents that ensure the accurate cascade of process controls from quality control plans.
- Delivering Capital Projects from identification of business need through to post implementation review, and in line with budget constraints and business needs.
- Managing contractors in line with HSE protocols.
- Performing Risk Assessments and PUWER reviews.
- Completing root cause analysis and delivering effective repairs and or upgrades to machinery following safety or quality incidents.
- Maintaining accurate machine history records and documentation.
- Defining effective TPM requirements and monitoring of system KPI performance.
- Delivering product samples on time and in line with specifications.
- Delivering general day-to-day engineering goals defined by Lead Production Engineer.
- Representing the Plant during external audits, assessments, and customer visits.
- Installing and commissioning new machinery and equipment, in line with HSE and Quality control protocols.
- Monitoring process performance and delivering countermeasures to small stops, through root cause analysis and a PDCA approach.
- Identifying and implementing cost reduction improvements.
- Management of central plant systems, to ensure their performance can meet the demands of manufacturing operations.
The ideal candidate:
- BTEC HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong communicator, capable of working to fast changing priorities.
- IT skills including all MS office suite (Spreadsheets, databases, and presentations).
- Knowledge of high-volume continuous manufacturing operations.
- Fault finding / route cause analysis skills.
- Self- starter, flexible approach, capable of managing own workload.
- Project management skills.
- Practical, applied, hands-on experience with machinery and automation.
- Understanding of Total Quality systems (TS16949)
- Minimum of three years of experience in high volume manufacturing environment.
For more information, please apply via this advert or call the office on 01325 389333
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.applybe.com/?a=23A7B6802.0 →