Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Press Zone Leader on behalf of our client a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the Cannock area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week working a 3 shift rotation, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Complimentary on site parking
Reporting directly to the Press Shift Manager you will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of their area. You will also be involved in managing Team Members to ensure first level QCDP targets are achieved. This role should be looked upon as being the starting point for a production management career.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for team’s adherence to Safety requirements including PPE and Safe Systems of Work at all times. Handling any non compliance
* Responsible for team’s adherence to Quality systems and standardised work. Handling any non compliance
* Understanding of performance against delivery plan at all times and dealing with issues that may/do cause downtime
* Responsible for achieving production targets and ensuring blows and stroke rate targets are achieved
* Ensure the completion of first off part conformance checks
* Responsible for adherence to die change standards and maintaining die change over times to the expected target
* Responsible for adherence to 5S and housekeeping in own area and handling any non compliance from the team
* Conduct hand over briefings covering safety, KPI target adherence and general plant communication
* Assignment of labour and duties for the shift
* Updating and presenting SQCD visual management
* First level escalation of problems affecting or potentially affecting their area of responsibility
* Training and competence assessment of all operators to ‘U’level on all equipment and processes including MSA for defect detection to ensure full production operational flexibility
* Development of team with regards to Standardised Work, SMED activity and the zero pass of defective parts to the next process
* Liaise with support services to solve problems
* Active participation in Continuous Improvement/ problem solving activities
* Carry out new starter inductions with all new workers to the area at start of first shift
To be considered for this position you must have:
* A minimum of 3 years experience as a Zone / Team Leader within a fast paced Automotive manufacturer
* People management and development skills
* Experience as a production operative who has exhibited rigour in their approach to Safety and Quality.
* A proactive approach and participate regularly in Problem Solving exercises. Able to demonstrate a professional approach to receiving and delivering training.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuOTEyODUuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →