Lean / Continuous Improvement Engineer
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Lean and Continuous Improvement Engineer on behalf of our client, one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of degreasing equipment in North Yorkshire.
A permanent position, this is an exciting opportunity to join a company who are growing at a rapid pace
Working Hours are: 7am – 4.30pm Notable benefits for this position include:
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Role Overview: To lead, develop, improve and execute lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities processes with the focus on lean manufacturing implementation, process standardization and the reduction of variation and elimination of waste non-value-added activities in the business.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, train and implement lean manufacturing and best practice tools and techniques across all production areas.
* Standardize, document, train and audit manufacturing processes and methods.
* Lead and facilitate manufacturing problem solving activities.
* Validate new products and design changes in manufacturing.
* Identify and execute manufacturing cost down, efficiency and effectiveness improvements
* Support in the training and development of new personnel and the team to ensure they have the right skill set to meet the needs of the business.
* Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members.
* Provide timely feedback to managers on any quality, technical, and or delivery issues that arise.
* Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
* Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
* Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
* Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by the team members.
To be considered this position you must:
* 2-3 years’ experience of working as Lean Implementation Continuous Improvement Engineer in a product design, manufacture and supply environment.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
* Proven leadership ability, supporting individual, team and organizational change, keeping the organization’s vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
* Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
* Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal external teams, stakeholders and customers.
* Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S TPM Std Work Line Balancing)
* Strong effective decision making, organizational, time management, communication and IT skill.
* Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
For more information, please contact:
* Beverley Lismore – 01325 389333 – email@example.com
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmV2ZXJsZXkuNzEzOTEuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →