Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
***** SENIOR R&D ENGINEER *****
Are you an experienced R&D engineer with excellent knowledge of Interior Trim and Plastic materials?
Do you have experience of using CAD NX 5 or above?
Are you qualified to at least HND level qualification in Mechanical Engineering?
Do you have Project Management experience with the ability to monitor Quality, Cost and Delivery milestones?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then please apply with your CV today as we would be very keen to speak with you.
This vacancy will be for a permanent member of staff to join a leading tier 1 automotive Research & Development function based in the Millbrook area.
You would be responsible for leading Lifecycle project from a development viewpoint and lead the successful implementation of various cost reduction ideas to achieve business driven targets.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:-
* To work in accordance with company procedures, work and operating instructions; which comply with the requirements of IATF16949.
* To lead current production projects (post SOP and minor change) and manage all team members.
* To use engineering tools and techniques to ensure design quality assurance is achieved.
* To investigate failure modes and causes, suggesting possible countermeasures.
* Interface between R&D and internal/external customers.
* To actively pursue and take ownership of tasks to meet the functional objective targets/commitments.
* To be able to create and follow up timing plans.
* Use company software systems/packages to support design release process and customer requirements.
* To carry out Benchmarking and cost reduction activities.
* To be able to develop reports for management reviews.
* Comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental systems requirements.
* To be able to manage subordinates workload along with own self-work load.
* Educated as a minimum to HND level in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
* Experience within a similar role, preferably in an automotive/manufacturing industry.
* Experience of Interior Trim component/systems.
* Experience of Plastic materials and design for manufacture with plastics is desirable.
* CAD skills – NX 5 and above.
* Project management experience of meeting QCD milestones.
* Ability to Lead design changes and cross-function/Regional reviews.
* Experience in Cockpit Module Design area would be an advantage.
* Salary Range – £47,735.14 – £51,605.55(Depending on Experience)
* Company Contribution up to 7% for Pension
* Company Sick Pay Scheme
* 39 hours per week – Monday to Friday
* 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
* Free Car Parking
* Life Assurance
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjA5MTAyLjk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →