Direct Payments Lead Worker
RMS are supporting one of our local clients in recruiting 2 x Part Time Direct Payment Lead workers to join their team based in Darlington
Responsible to the Service Co-ordinator and senior management by providing support to carers and parents of disabled children who use direct payments to meet support needs.
* Identifying current and ongoing support to manage direct payments
* Liaising with direct payment users to set up direct payments
* Supporting direct payment users to employ staff of their choice and / or secure support from an organisation
* To work effectively as part of a team of lead workers
* Responsible for providing high quality support, information and advice to a group of direct payment users; in particular people who employ their own personal assistants.
* Work with allocated new referrals to set up their direct payments
* Ensuring that all tasks are undertaken with regard to the Social Model of Disability and empower disabled people
* Supporting service users to prepare adverts, job descriptions, person specification, advertising, short listing, providing support with setting up and conducting interviews, budget their direct payment
* Work with service users to ensure they meet and understand employer responsibilities.
* Work with people who employ assistants who are experiencing difficulties with grievance/ disciplinary
* Follow established policies, procedures and practices.
* Ensure service users files and records are kept up to date, and meet Quality Standards
* Respond promptly to urgent requests for support and take responsibility for appropriate action
* Liaise with care managers / social services department to ensure new service users have a smooth transition to direct payments
* Work with the team to identify new and innovative ways of attracting personal assistants into the workforce
* Keep up to date with current and future employment law, and health and social care law. Work with the team to disseminate the information effectively
* Keep up to date with developing legislation, guidance and good practice
* Ensure all work particularly with service users and outside agencies supports and embraces the Mission Statement Ensure service users are treated with dignity and respect through ensuring equality of opportunity and maintaining confidentiality at all times
* Work in line with organisational and project policies and procedures
* Working in a team setting
* Working with or supporting disabled people to achieve personal goals
* Experience of interagency working
* Knowledge of the Social Model of Disability
* Knowledge of direct payment and issues
* Knowledge of personalisation agenda with social care
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Extensive knowledge of the principles of equal opportunities
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to take responsible for project development
* Experience of interviewing
* The ability to write job adverts
* Relevant qualification in Health and Social Care
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmV2ZXJsZXkuMjUzNzUuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →