Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
***** Customer Facing Quality Engineer *****
Are you a qualified automotive Quality Engineer?
Do you have a full understanding of the IATF update to TS16949?
Do you have experience of dealing with customers and suppliers directly?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then please apply with your CV today.
This vacancy will be for a permanent member of staff to join a leading tier 1 automotive manufacturer based in the Newton Aycliffe area. You would work as an integral part of the Quality team in an operational capacity commuting intermittently between plants as well as being customer facing and responsible for Quality Technicians.
The full responsibilities of the role are as follows:-
* Develop and maintain quality documentation and controls.
* Compile and submit Customer specific documentation.
* To be a capable user of core quality tools & techniques and their application, typically: SPC, Ishikawa, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, Stratification etc
* Support the Internal manufacturing teams with regard to the timely resolution of Customer and Internal quality concerns.
* Support the NPI teams during the development of Controls Plans, PFMEA, Gauge Planning etc. and highlight potential failure modes ref Lessons Learnt.
* Support the Internal Audit team by performing various Internal Audits.
* Pro-actively visit customer / supplier locations to resolve customer concerns and maintain high levels of customer liaison.
* Understanding and utilisation of Automotive Core tools such as APQP, PPAP, PFMEA processes.
* Champion to promote compliance to company systems, procedures and control plan requirements.
* Provide and communicate Quality / process data to the Manufacturing Teams and facilitate actions to improve.
* Provide appropriate training for Product Conformance Technicians / Quality Technicians.
* Manage the activities of Product Conformance Technicians / Quality Technicians on a day-to-day basis.
To be considered for this position you must be educated to HNC level in a relevant subject as well as:-
* Have a good working knowledge of metal forming and fabrication processes.
* A strong understanding of OEM Customer Specific Requirements
* A good knowledge of OEM Customer Quality Systems.
* Appropriate experience within an Automotive 1st Tier Supplier Quality Engineering role.
* Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and SAP working knowledge, together with good verbal and numerical aptitude.
* An appropriate professional qualification such as Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance.
* Ability to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliveries.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjA4NjU5Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →