Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Commercial Manager on behalf of our client, a Global manufacturer to the Oil & Gas industry to be based in the County Durham area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a long established business.
Having worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 38 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Enhanced pension scheme
* Complimentary onsite parking
* Early Friday finish
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director you will work as an integral part of the Senior Management team holding responsibility for commercial activities. To Evaluate, maintain and forecast accurate cost and value for designated elements of projects by means of measurement, estimation, calculation, administration, contract (and subcontract) interpretation and negotiation.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Commercial Management of projects to ensure positive cash position of the company by timely invoicing and minimising amounts recoverable on projects.
* Commercial Management of projects to ensure variations are issued to clients at the earliest opportunity.
* To review & assist in negotiating acceptable terms and conditions on enquiries to minimise contract risk and to ensure favourable payment terms, minimum bonding and warranty requirements.
* Financial awareness of project costs and forecasting of costs through to completion & assist and monitor the contract review process.
* Represent the company at relevant meetings/discussions – internal / external
* Assist the company in achieving the Annual Budget in terms of profitability.
* Ensure the projects achieve as a minimum budgeted margins and manage project cash flow.
* Ensure the project team realise all opportunities for contract growth through the exploitation of possible new scopes of work.
* Ensure and maximise contract growth through the efficient cost management of the project and the variation to order process.
* Ensure adherence to and awareness of Company Policy and procedures;
* To manage all functions performed within the Commercial Department;
* To identify, evaluate, process and agree variations with client and subcontractors;
* To compile and process applications for payment with clients and subcontractors;
* To administer contractual correspondence with clients and subcontractors;
* Maintain detailed working knowledge of Company’s business, contracts, systems and procedures to support Cost & Contracts functions;
* Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times;
* Support the Project Manager in administration of contracts and subcontracts including correspondence, meetings etc.;
* Identify cost trends, potential savings and commercial opportunities;
* Ensure variations are administered
To be considered for this position you will be educated to Degree level in Quantity Surveying as well as:
* A Minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably in offshore / construction industry
* Strong affinity with both technical and commercial aspects
* Contract / legal knowledge desirable
* Excellent negotiation and networking skills
* Prepared to travel
* Ability to switch between detailed reviews and strategic thinking
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS40MzQ4MS45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →