Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Building Control Surveyor on behalf of our client a Local Authority based in the North East. This is a Temporary position for three month, however this post will turn permanant for the right person.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over a number of years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to approximately 38 hours per week, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to start a career with a Local authority.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Provide technical support in order to ensure that building and construction work is carried out in accordance with current Building Regulations, including; carrying out site inspections of work in progress and making full and accurate records of inspections and where necessary following up the results of inspection to their conclusion including works where approvals have not been sought.
* Assisting staff in the processing of applications under the Building Regulations including assessing proposals against the Regulations and relevant technical advice, checking completions, checking constraints and preparing and carrying out consultations.
* Advising and assisting members of the public by providing factual information on applications and their status.
* Assisting in the monitoring of scaffolding and hoardings erected on the highway.
* Assisting in dealing with reports of dangerous structures including implementing relevant processes to ensure safety of the public.
* Assist in the monitoring of grounds under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 and in the duties related to the Council’s Public Entertainment Safety Advisory Group.
* Maintaining and regularly updating building control records and statistics including researching information requested by professional staff and preparing case histories, briefing notes and summaries of technical information.
* Maintaining and regularly updating records on services, ground conditions and other constraints and checking proposals against such records.
* Assist in the promotion of the use of the Authorities Building Control service.
* To keep abreast of all relevant technical information and guidelines and ensure such changes are speedily and efficiently implemented.
* Ensure that you work in line with all the Council’s policies and procedures and ensure that you are aware of your obligations under these.
* Behave according to the Employees’ Code of Conduct and ensure that you are aware of your obligations and responsibilities re. Conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality and other matters covered by the Code.
To be considered this position you must be educated and have experience in the following areas:
* Relevant Degree / NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification with three years post qualifying experience in Building Control
* Working towards relevant Degree / NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification with five years working experience in Building Control
* Knowledge of Building Construction, procedures and associated legislation
* Previous working experience in the field of Building Control
* At least one year’s recent experience of site work
* A working knowledge of the Building Regulation procedures and associated legislation
* Knowledge of Public Entertainment and Safety in Sports Ground legislation
* At least three years’ experience of dealing with members of the public, customers or builders
* A Knowledge and understanding of the Building Control and Planning Application process
* Ability to be able to present information in a logical and systematic manner
* Ability to maintain accurate records
* Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences (including ability to write clear and concise reports and presentations)
* Ability to understand information presented on plans
* Ability to organise and prioritise own work with minimum supervision
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c3RldmVuLm1hcndvb2QuMjUwMDYuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →