Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are actively recruiting for a Senior Buyer on behalf of our client, a leading engineering group based in County Durham.
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a long established organisation.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will work as an integral part of the business, holding responsibility for managing and continually improving the purchasing function within the company to ensure efficient and effective operation.
Day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Purchasing (and expediting where necessary) the components and materials required to support timely production output
* Maintaining clear visibility of purchase order status; identifying potential late deliveries and taking action to mitigate them
* Ensuring prices paid for goods and services are in line with expectation; challenging and negotiating when this is not the case
* Ownership and delivery of defined annual cost reduction and stock turn targets
* Supporting make versus buy projects and maintaining an up to date log of quotes requested, samples received etc.
* Active involvement in the new product development process, supporting the design team in obtaining quotes for new products from multiple sources so that accurate estimates and best prices can be established
* Excellent housekeeping of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, ensuring the correct prices, lead times, order levels and supplier details are maintained
* Supporting Goods Inwards with delivery note queries and amending purchase orders where required
* Active participation within production and team meetings
* Supporting the quality team with supplier performance issues and vendor rating
* Liaising with the group finance department to resolve supplier invoice queries
* Raising manual payment forms should suppliers require early payments or proforma
To be considered for this position you will have a minimum of 4 years Buying experience within a engineering / manufacturing environment and as well as:
* A CIPS qualification
* Having proven ability in generating positive change and delivering against targets
* Being proactive with a proven ability to work on own initiative
* Being able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business and with a multi-cultural supplier base
* Being capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Having excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Having strong leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
* Having an ability to resolve conflicting situations
* Possessing effective problem solving skills
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS41NTMxMS45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →