Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Port Manager on behalf of our client a Global Marine industry based between Liverpool and Belfast. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the marine industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 38 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme upt 10%
* Complimentary on site parking
* Option to take Bupa cover
* Car allowance
* Annual bonus (performance & company performance based)
Reporting directly to the Cluster MD you will work as an integral part of team holding responsibility for Planning, directing and controlling all operational activities within the port.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* In conjunction with Cluster MD prepare budgets and financial plans for the port to monitor and control the port operating budget to ensure that all resources are deployed effectively and that the port is running at optimal operational efficiency.
* To report back on a regular basis on the ports performance to key stakeholders.
* To manage all operational issues and the port entity as a profit centre to protect all assets ensuring that they are properly maintained
* To seek continual improvements in service to our customers
* Manage the relationship with the Port Authority and other statutory bodies and community groups
* Proactively support company commitment to safety, ensuring that all operations are risk assessed, adequately resourced and all appropriate procedures as defined in HMS, permits and licences are in place.
* Ensure compliance with all health safety environmental and regulatory demands.
* Manage and be accountable for the crews on a daily basis within the operation, including the overall management of the roster through the Operators, the performance and attendance of all crew and shore staff.
* Review the roster on a regular basis to ensure that the Company is getting the best possible utilisation of crews.
To be considered for this position you must have a marine qualification and previous marine experience as well as:
* Previous management experience within an operational environment
* PNL ownership and successful past deliveries in similar environment
* Thorough understanding of health and safety/Marine Standards requirements Experience of working with and managing budgets
* Understanding how to drive engagement and culture
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS45NTI2NC45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →