Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting Assistant Mechanical Engineers on behalf of our client, who operates across a diverse range of low and high hazard industries including power, gas, fuel storage & also in energy trading.
Having worked in partnership with this client , RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 40 hours per week out of Fellside Seascale plant, the Assistant Mechanical Engineer will support the Mechanical Engineer in the safe and efficient management of mechanical engineering and maintenance activities associated with the installed plant
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Effectively support and contribute to the planning and management of day to day and long term mechanical engineering and maintenance issues, balancing safety and commercial considerations
* Ensure current mechanical processes and procedures remain business and best practice relevant, balancing safety and commercial challenges
* Undertake an active, commercially focussed role in supporting running plan, outage planning, preparation, management and implementation
* Ensure that relevant statutory and legislative compliance is achieved in a timely manner working with internal px personnel and the appropriate external authorities
* As and when required to support the Planning Engineer in completing any planned or unplanned work to ensure all aspects of the work is completed in a safe and efficient manner
* As and when required, fully deputise for the Mechanical Engineer
* Establish a strong and effective relationship with members of the Mechanical Department and all customers, internal and external
* Remain current with all aspects of mechanical engineering best practice, industry trends, and statutory requirements. To include but not be limited to PSSR, LOLER, PUWER, design codes and standards, site specifications, document control procedures etc
* Achieve and maintain internal and external audit compliance and communicate outcomes
* To be an authority to the mechanical and other departments on issues relating to mechanical engineering
* Contribute to E&M and Mechanical Section meetings, team objectives, mechanical and general policies and procedures and to the setting of the applicable parts of the O&M budget
* To be fully conversant with px Safe Working Procedures and following relevant training
* Portray the position of Assistant Mechanical Engineer in a positive and professional manner
To be considered for this role you will hold the qualification of HNC in mechanical engineering discipline and your experience and knowledge will include:
* Maintenance & contract management.
* Outage management.
* Operations interface, policies & procedure.
* Legislative, best practice standards & insurance compliance.
* Experience of working cross functionally delivering policies, initiatives & compliance with company & legislative requirements.
* Experience of managing budgets and projects
* SHE systems, ensuring compliance, risk & improvement.
* Quality systems, ensuring compliance, risk & improvement.
* Legislation pertinent to Mechanical systems & standards.
* Key financial performance indicators & their relationship with operational indicators.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuODMzODMuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →