Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
Our client is a joint venture between two multi $Bn companies. They supply thin film pressure transducers to agricultural, construction, automotive, and industrial sectors. Established in 1999 and based in the North East of England, Our clients market leading quality has resulted in three times growth in four years.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a quality focused, high volume manufacturing organization with outstanding future potential.
This is a full time permanent post immediately available for a suitable candidate to join us as a Manufacturing Engineer.
As part of the engineering team, you will support and develop improvements in all aspects of the production within the transducer assembly area.
To work alongside the Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineers, Maintenance Engineers and the Shop floor Staff with the aim of increasing productivity and quality whilst reducing costs.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
* Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
* Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
* Design and implementation of new systems, equipment and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones. To include writing purchase specifications, timing plans and approval procedures.
* Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
* Apply a methodical approach to fault finding. Identify faults, investigate production problems and ensure repair of equipment quickly and efficiently. Monitor equipment and react to any changes outside normal operation.
* Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
* Update and improve existing processes to enhance efficiency and optimise productivity.
* Run and support Kaizen and continuous improvement projects.
* Write and update Standard Operating Instructions and train against them.
* Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Provides manufacturing engineering information and day to day production support by answering questions and requests.
* To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post, as required.
* To keep up to date with current and developing trends in the Manufacturing industry.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bmljaG9sYS4zNTE0NS45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →