Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting an Appointed Persons on behalf of our client, a globally ship repair, conversion and marine specialist in Gateshead.
The successful AP will manage and co-ordinate the lifting operations and act as an appointed person, ensuring all legal obligations under LOLER and PUWER are met. You will have extensive knowledge and understanding of the UK Regulations (LOLER, PUWER, HSWA) and with International standards and codes associated with lifting and hoisting operations and lifting equipment and the ability to disseminate the requirements of these to the Supervision and rigging team members. Fully conversant with in BSEN technical standards, processes and procedures for assuring the technical Integrity of lifting equipment (e.g. thorough examination, certification and inspection requirements)
RMS are well networked within this industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
A competitive salary you will be contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Complimentary On Site parking
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Accountable for Safety and implementing Work Safe / Home Safe.
* Provide technical guidance and support to the Rigging teams to ensure all lifting operations are implemented safely and efficiently and in accordance with LOLER and BS7121 Parts 1, 2, 11 and any other applicable project specific lifting standards
* The custodian for the management of change process for lift plans, ensuring all changes to lift plans are formally documented, evaluated and where applicable endorsed by the appropriate technical authority(s). All changes to lift plan must be endorsed by the Appointed Person
* Develop and produce Risk Assessments, Safe systems of work, method statements and lift plans for all lift operations and planned maintenance activities.
* Review and endorse all lift plans
* Ensure all lifting operations is safe to use, in date for test and complies with PUWER and in accordance with LOLER
* Supervising a team
To be considered this position you must hold a Valid Competent Person Qualification issued by one of the following award bodies:
* CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
* LOLER Competent Person (Certificate of Competence OPITO
* ECITB Appointed Person – Appointed Person Moving Loads (Certificate of Training)
* TAP01 Planning a Rigging Operation (Certificate of Achievement)
* In addition to the above qualifications:
* Lifting Equipment Inspection
* Rigging Loft Management
* Managing Working at Height
* Use of Fall Arrest Suspension and rescue Equipment
* Working at Height/Harness Equipment User
* Banksman/Slinging Stage 3 (OPITO)
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuMzE3NDUuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →