RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting an Engineering Manager on behalf of our client, one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of degreasing equipment in North Yorkshire.
A permanent position, this is an exciting opportunity to join a company who are growing at a rapid pace
Working Hours are: 8am – 4.30pm Notable benefits for this position include:
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
To execute, co-ordinate and manage engineering activities, processes and the engineering team to design and develop products that meet customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements for safety, quality, performance, cost and delivery.
To provide technical and engineering support to customer and onsite teams to ensure products are designed, manufactured and tested in a safe manner in accordance with defined build procedures, engineering specifications and standards to meet customer requirements and quality, efficiency and delivery targets.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Design and develop products in accordance with businesses processes that comply customer, stakeholder and regulatory requirements for safety, quality, performance, cost and delivery.
* Generate accurate equipment and component drawings to the required level of detail, tolerancing and information to support manufacturing process, approval and customer requirements.
* Create product data including technical specifications, technical construction files, bills of material and bills of process.
* Execute engineering changes in accordance with business processes.
* Provide technical and engineering support to customers both on-site and remotely via telephone and/or email communication to address enquiries and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Coach, develop, manage and build knowledge of the engineering team to provide optimum support to the business.
* Ensure all work and time is recorded appropriately on the required documentation and through the required systems.
* Manage and co-ordinate engineering team activities and workloads with regards to resource identification and planning to support the needs of the business.
* Manage, execute and control resource requirements including recruitment, appraisals, development and disciplinary activities to ensure the correct levels are available with the required skills sets to meet the needs of the business.
* Develop, manage, execute and control short and long-term engineering strategy, objectives and KPI’s.
* Develop, manage, execute and control engineering documentation ensuring it is available, adhered to and completed correctly by the engineering team.
* Agree, manage and control engineering budget and spend limits, taking appropriate action on adverse variances.
* Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring the team always maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment.
* Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
To be considered this position you must:
* 2-3 years’ experience of working as an Engineering Manager Senior Engineer in an industrial product manufacturing and supply environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of CE marking including the Machinery Directive and Technical Construction File (FCF) requirements.
* Knowledge and understanding of design processes including; New Product Development (NPD), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Design for Service (DFS) and Change Management Control.
* Experience of using design software packages, preferably Solidworks, 2D Draughting and PDM packages
* Proven management experience, supporting individual, team and organizational change, keeping the organization’s vision, mission and values at the forefront of decision-making and action, willing to collaborate with others.
* Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and customers.
For more information, please contact:
* Beverley Lismore – 01325 389333 – firstname.lastname@example.org
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmV2ZXJsZXkuNTI2MjQuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →