Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
Are you a Control & Instrument Technical Authority looking at your career options, if you are then get in touch.
RMS Resource Management are hiring Control & Instrument Technical Authorities to act as the senior engineer for Control and Instrumentation.
The role holder will have particular focus on Functional Safety ensuring engineering risks are managed and assures adherence to sound engineering practices, standards and processes across all operations related to their discipline
The Opportunity for the Control & Instrument Technical Authority will be working for a company who operates on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis, across a diverse range of low and high hazard industries including power, gas, fuel storage & also in energy trading This role can either be based out of their main office in Stockton Tees or the Balmoral Office, Aberdeen.
You will have considerable work experience in regulated, high hazard industries (e.g. Oil & Gas exploration and production, oil refining, gas processing chemicals manufacturing or power generation).With a broad experience across the functional safety lifecycle and alarm management and instrumentation, fire and gas systems, control loops, BPCS, metering.
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline is required (e.g. Instrumentation and Control, Electrical and Electronic, Control and Electrical Engineering).Chartered or equivalent status (e.g. MIET, InstMC)
Knowledge & application will include
COMAH ECI Guidance, BS EN 61511 (Functional safety), BS EN 62061 (machinery safety ), EEMUA 191 (Alarm Management), Functional Safety Lifecycle, HAZOP, LOPA, Safety requirement specification, Risk reduction model / Safety Integrity Levels, Design to achieve a target PFD, Proof testing and inspection of SIFs, Management of Change for SIFs and familiarity with BPCS and high integrity systems
Duties to include, however this list is not exhaustive and additional responsibilities may be undertaken, dependent upon business needs.
* Providing leadership to the Control & Instrumentation engineering discipline, including Functional Safety, to ensure engineering related risks to people, the environment, plant and the business are understood and managed systematically and effectively across px operations and projects.
* Work effectively and positively with all employees and contractors to promote a positive safety culture and high awareness of process safety.
* Monitor the health of the discipline engineering capability across the company and support the necessary resourcing and development of engineering staff.
* Resource competent 3rd party contract support for technical assurance and other activities related to their discipline as required.
* Establish and maintain required discipline engineering practices, standards and processes in line with legislative requirements and good engineering practice. These will be corporate ‘level 2’ documents within the px Company Operating System.
* Lead a cross discipline engineering network to ensure sharing of best practice and alignment across the discipline.
* Provide, through the discipline network, guidance and support as required to enable the sites to establish and maintain site specific (level 3+) discipline engineering practices, standards and processes.
* Provide, when required, suitable and sufficient discipline engineering verification for studies, projects and modifications and provide technical assurance as required to operations.
* Lead assurance activities related to their discipline concerning compliance with level 2 engineering practices, standards and processes. Monitor audit conclusions for wider group learning and follow-up actions. Participate in other audit or assurance activities as requested by the EA
* Develop performance indicators for the operating sites through which the risk from a failure related to the discipline can be flagged.
* Participate in reviews and root cause analysis for incidents or serious near miss events.
* Provide discipline engineering guidance and mentoring as required and support the competence development for the sites discipline engineers.
* Define performance standards for safety critical equipment.
* Review and endorse deviations from a performance standard for safety critical elements.
* Review and approve maintenance deferrals for safety critical equipment.
* Positively represent the company at internal and external forums requiring discipline Engineering Authority presence. To provide positive contributions and incorporate wider best practice and learning into px discipline engineering practices, standards and processes.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuNzM2MzEuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →