Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Assistant Superintendent Engineer on behalf of our client, a Global Marine organisation in the Milford Haven area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the Marine industry.
Having worked in partnership with this client for over many years, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Enhanced pension scheme
* Complimentary on site parking
* Company and personal performance related bonus
Reporting directly to the Superintendent Engineer you will work as an integral part of the team holding responsibility for provide engineering expertise and project management skills to the Port Manager providing timely guidance and recommendation of solutions to technical matters, including modifications to vessels to achieve best practice of operational and manning solutions. To ensure that the Superintendent Engineer is informed in a timely manner of all significant operational issues that impacts availability and technical readiness of the fleet in support of our service commitment.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring the full technical readiness of all the vessels operated within the port and our service commitment to our customers.
* Assist the Superintendent Engineer as directed in the control of technical budget for the maintenance and dry dockings, including monitoring of and control of the costs of repairs and maintenance.
* Assist the Superintendent Engineer as directed in the preparation, monitoring and control of repair and maintenance budgets for the fleet including records of spare part, fuel and lub. oil usage.
* Assist the Superintendent Engineer as directed in the management, planning and coordination of maintenance, regular service periods, dry-docks and upgrades through the designated service contractors / vessel crew as appropriate.
* The development, implementation and usage of planned maintenance and purchase systems via group computerised management systems.
* Assist the Superintendent Engineer in the control of the supply of equipment, Spares etc. via SERTICA.
* Assist the Superintendent Engineer in the Coordination of surveys, inspections and certification ensuring that the vessels are fully operational in accordance with local, national, flag and classification society requirements.
* Assist in the Planning, supervision and management of dry-docking, vessel upgrades and other major repair or upgrade periods, sometimes at external ports, ensuring timely, prompt return to the fleet of vessels under repair. Input to the preparation of vessel specifications and appraisal of new tonnage requirements.
* The promotion of safety and safe working practices as an operational priority, ensuring that adequate safety equipment is available with PPE worn in accordance with company operations manual.
* In the event of damage to a vessel to prepare in conjunction with the Port Management team all necessary Hull and Machinery claim reports and claims documentation.
* Assist the Superintendent in the development of port based engineering expertise among selected vessel crew capable of accepting delegated responsibility for local engineering planning and maintenance.
* Assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring a programme of training of vessel crew to meet required operational, technical and safety standards.
* To work as a practical liaison between crew and management.
* To assist, undertake and perform other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the operational efficiency of the business in other regions.
To be considered this position you must be educated to a minimum of HNC/D level in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture and have:
* At least 5 years’ thorough experience in Marine Engineering
* A 2nd Class FG Motor Certificate or equivalent
* Experience of PMS System “Logihold” or equivalent
Also given the location you must live local or be 100% committed to relocating to that part of the country.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS44NDY0NS45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →