Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting Assistant QS on behalf of our client, who are the market leader in the field of Demolition and Marine Decommissioning and is now a significant land developer and port & vehicle storage operator based in the County Durham area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious and successful organisation that operates across a number of challenging industrial and business sectors.
Having worked in partnership closely with this client, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 40 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
Complimentary On Site parking
As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor (QS) you will report to the Commercial Manager ensuring effective delivery of the commercial business function
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Planning and monitoring of contract compliance (including any regulatory requirements) within the company commercial activities including keeping updated with current, changing and any new requirements;
* Adopting any delegated authorities in project assurance or project delivery roles within agreed project reporting structures;
* Prepare and maintain commercial reports and records including any stage and exception plans as required;
* Ensuring procurement activities, particularly requisitioning, are carried out by the company in accordance with company procedures; and correctly allocated with in the project work breakdown structure (WBS);
* You will be required to ensure effective reporting on contract management detailing costs and value including contract variation control;
* Ensure accurate booking of all costs, including but not limited to labour, plant and materials, to project WBS;
* Control project budgets and recognise and take appropriate action within company procedures if budget changes are recognised
* Reporting through agreed lines on project progress and forecasts through highlight reports and stage assessments;
* Managing the commercial control of projects as Client/Main Contractor and controlling Subcontract accounts;
* Project Administration; including invoicing and ensuring monthly project costs relevant to the scope of works are recorded;
* Assist with project evaluation to assess project performance preparing appropriate regular reports including forecasting;
* Assist with compiling a Lessons Learned/Close Out report;
* Preparing any follow-on action recommendations as required;
* Build and sustain effective professional communications and relationships with all project, and business parties;
* Maintaining the necessary records in compliance with company approved ISO system;
* Effectively control and manage any dispute resolution process.
* Manage and monitor project cost and valuations and provide regular updates to Project team and Commercial Manager
To be considered this position you will be qualified to HNC or currently studying towards HNC would be desirable and you will be :
Well organised, capable, reliable and commercially astute;
Cognisant of, and adaptable to, the company contract and commercial requirements. The company operates within the fields of property development, estates management, heavy civil engineering, construction, port operations, marine decommissioning (onshore), demolition and waste management;
You must be able to provide reasoned contractual and commercial assistance to the Commercial Manager, Project Managers, Construction / Demolition Managers and the Board of Directors;
Remain informed and knowledgeable with the latest forms of contract, legislation and contract law.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuOTY5NjAuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →