Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
Adventurous Careers for the Driven!
Weekend Compound Drivers / Multi skilled Ops
Permanent, Full Time
Join our Groupe CAT UK team as we develop and build our new flagship technical centre based at Rockingham Logistics Hub in Corby, where we will be providing technical services, finished vehicle logistics, fleet and compound management services to automotive manufacturers and fleet operators.
RMS are the HR partner of Groupe CAT UK and have 15 successful years working together. We have an exciting opportunity for Compound Drivers to join a newly formed team within Groupe CAT UK.
The purpose of this role is to carry out all vehicle movements within the site correctly and efficiently, and to ensure all vehicle movement and storage processes are carried out in line with company processes and within the allocated timeframes.
Our client’s operation operates a weekend shift starting at 7am on Saturdays and Sundays and applicants would be required to work both days. For insurance reasons all applicants must have a valid Driver’s Licence with less than 6 penalty points and no DR offences.
Key Responsibilities include
* Carry out all vehicle movements within the site
* Locate and move the correct vehicle to the correct location
* Pull the correct vehicles for loads, ready for dispatch
* Comply with the correct parking procedures and site speed limits
* Complete all relevant paperwork and report any discrepancies
* Carry out storage and maintenance checks
* Ensure health & safety procedures are followed at all times
* Previous experience working within automotive industry
* At least one year’s work experience within a driving capacity
* Experience driving both manual and automatic vehicles
* Possesses a “can do” attitude and displays flexibility in their approach to work
* Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
* A level headed approach needs to be taken when driving vehicles to ensure your own safety and the safety of your colleagues
* The use of initiative needs to be taken to ensure that all vehicles are distributed meeting the necessary quality standards
* To be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support each department to ensure quality is maintained
* To be familiar with the workings of other departments and the ability to multi task to support other areas throughout busy periods
This is an exciting time to join a new team as the company goes through many positive changes. We have a great relationship with our client and we strive to always maintain the highest level of service.
If you would like to be considered for this role, and feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please forward your letter of application along with a current CV to: CAT-HR@rms-recruitment.co.uk
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Q0FUSFIuMDMwODcuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →