Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Social Club Manager for our client based in Darlington.
Following a retirement, our client is seeking to recruit a Social Club Manager to take ownership and continue the commercial success of the Social Club. The successful applicant will oversee the running of all aspects of the Club including stock management, accounting, staff recruitment and additional duties such as event organisation and business management.
This role requires strong management, commercial and practical skills. In addition, the successful applicant will be adept to change and ensure that the Club is profitable, pleasant and safe for all its private members, and that it is run in accordance with the law and ethical guidelines.
The key aim of this role is to provide Club members with a consistently good experience by achieving and maintaining excellent standards of cleanliness and hospitality.
* Managing, planning, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the Club and its facilities, both operationally and financially.
* Bookkeeping – managing accounts, banking, VAT, recording all transactions i.e. money received from events, and monitoring the profitability and performance of the Club.
* Management of wages of Social Club employees.
* Alongside the Committee, take an active part in organising and promoting events e.g. annual pensioners party and other social events throughout the year.
* Stock management – undertaking regular stock checks, placing orders with suppliers and assisting with restocking.
* Management of annual insurance renewals.
* Compliance with health and safety regulations at all times in the bar, kitchen and other areas.
* Ensure there is regular maintenance of the premises, including cleaning and repairs.
* Handling inspections and audits carried out ad-hoc by Council officials / external bodies.
* Manage all membership registrations.
* Liaise with external auditors for processing and finalising accounts on a quarterly and annual basis.
* Maintain a day to day working relationship with the Committee.
Essential skills and requirements
* Substantial demonstrable experience of managing a successful and profitable social Club, bar or similar.
* Excellent bookkeeping skills.
* Strong administration, literacy and numeracy skills.
* A working knowledge of cellar management and catering.
* Excellent staff management and leadership skills, plus excellent communication and social skills.
* Commitment to achieving high standards of service, cleanliness and hygiene.
* Well organised, able to manage their working time efficiently and effectively.
* A relevant qualification in Business or Hospitality would be an advantage.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c3RldmVuLm1hcndvb2QuMDU2NDYuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →