Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS is acting as an Employment agency on behalf of our client, a world leader in design, development and manufacturing within the Tier 1 Automotive industry who are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join them in a permanent vacancy at their plant based in Llanelli.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing ongoing quality support to the manufacturing activities to ensure adherence to the company quality systems, procedures and control plans.
* Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
* Conduct regular Product and Process audits and feedback information as required.
* Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
* Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
* Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Senior Quality Engineers. Including the design of sort and rework criteria, SOPs and data collection methods.
* Provide support to Senior Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI’s to be achieved.
* Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
* Maintain quality documentation and controls if required.
* Support the Internal Audit team by performing various Internal Audits if required.
* Promote compliance to company systems, procedures and control plan requirements.
* Control trials as required to support improvement activities and support NPI on engineering changes.
* The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations in order to resolve concerns.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
* Demonstrate a good knowledge of pressing and fabrication manufacturing process
* Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment.
* Good working knowledge of quality tools and techniques & fully competent in Microsoft IT packages.
* Applicants would ideally have an appropriate qualification in Quality / Mechanical / Production Engineering (e.g. Degree or HNC) and or served a recognised Apprenticeship and educated in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline to ONC/HNC level or similar.
* Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and SAP working knowledge, together with good verbal and numerical aptitude.
* Ability to plan to achieve objectives and priorities.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
* The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment.
* Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
* Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
* To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
* The ability to coordinate activities in a cross functional team.
* Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
37 hours based on 3 shift pattern. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuNTc3OTEuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →