Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Snr Designers and Designers on behalf of our client, a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the County Durham area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 38 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Enhanced pension scheme
* Complimentary On Site parking
Reporting directly to the R&D Technical Centre Manager UK you will work as an integral part of Design team supporting the development of aluminium chassis products through the product design process from pre-concept to runout.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* To lead the technical development of fabricated aluminium chassis components.
* Provide guidance to the R&D design team on the design and production capabilities of cast and extruded aluminium components.
* Produce high quality three dimensional solid models to customer standards
* Produce and approve two dimensional Engineering drawings for prototype/production use with capable dimensional tolerances/GDT
* Release, approve and control CAD data to internal and customer systems
* Work concurrently with R&D Design Analysis Engineers to develop appropriate structural solutions to meet performance requirements
* Support design / feasibility reviews to enable all released designs have formal manufacturing feasibility approval
* Support DFMEA, VA/VE, QFD and GDT team reviews
* Ensure departmental project compliance with TS16949
* Generate concept designs, identifying problems and solutions and delivering detailed designs
* Support prototype build, product testing, product design timing plans and ongoing production needs
* Liaise with customer engineering teams to achieve design requirements
* Obtain and control package information from customers
* Identify and action personal training needs and development
* Assist the R&D Technical Centre Manager and Design Engineers, as appropriate, in the delivery of their responsibilities
To be considered this position you must be educated to degree level in appropriate engineering discipline
* High understanding of 3D CAD ideally highly skilled in Catia Ver5
* Experience of designing aluminium casting, extruded aluminium and forged components along with a deep understanding of process requirements, manufacturing capabilities and suitable fixing requirements.
* Experience of drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Good communication skills to interact at all levels across the business
* Have proven engineering design background (ideally in structural components)
* Have or be gaining experience of the automotive sector
* Knowledge of Microsoft software such as Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Strong team-working skills, decision making, and attention to detail.
* Proactive and positive attitude and approach
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuNTkyMjAuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →