Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting Quantity Surveyors on behalf of our client, a globally leader in design and build of high integrity fire & blast protection solutions in Darlington
Your role will evaluate, maintain and forecast accurate cost and value for designated elements of projects by means of measurement, estimation, calculation, administration, contract (and subcontract) interpretation and negotiation.
RMS are well networked within the automotive industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme (Up to 7%)
* Complimentary On Site parking
* Company Sick Pay Scheme
* Life Assurance
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* To review & assist in negotiating acceptable terms and conditions on enquiries to minimise contract risk and to ensure favourable payment terms, minimum bonding and warranty requirements.
* Commercial Management of projects to ensure positive cash position of the company by timely invoicing and minimising amounts recoverable on projects.
* Represent the company at relevant meetings/discussions – internal / external
* Assist the company in achieving the Annual Budget in terms of profitability.
* Ensure the projects achieve as a minimum budgeted margins and manage project cash flow.
* Ensure and maximise contract growth through the efficient cost management of the project and the variation to order process.
* To identify, evaluate, process and agree variations with client and subcontractors
* Support the Project Manager in administration of contracts and subcontracts including correspondence, meetings etc
* Identify cost trends, potential savings and commercial opportunities
To be considered this position you must be educated to Degree level in Quantity Surveying with:
* Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in QS role within Oil & Gas industry;
* Ability to interpret and administer contracts;
* Ability to interpret and measure complex technical drawings;
* Good understanding of IT software packages utilised by the Company;
* Sound planning & organisational skills to compliment function and responsibilities;
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuNzg2NDguOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →