Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading tier 1 automotive company and require a temporary Purchasing Assistant to join a fast paced, dynamic team in the North East. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for and required to carry out the following duties:
* Support the procurement of goods and services for both direct and indirect materials
* Support the process of supplier selection, ensure supplier information is up to date
* Generate and support the processing and progressing of orders to ensure materials are shipped on time in order to meet delivery timescales
* Support progressing of orders to ensure materials are shipped on time in order to meet delivery timescales
* Review supplier performance regarding delivery and quality
* Develop good professional relationships with internal customers at all levels and external suppliers and be able to maintain strong and productive relationships with key stake holders
* Maintain records for purchase orders, delivery notes and any relevant correspondence
* Booking in purchase orders received
* Locate stock as and when required
* Review stock levels
* Be able to work under pressure in an environment
* Ensure all support and work is conducted in line with current procedures and requirements
* General administrative support to other departments as and when required
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills:
* Computer literate using Outlook, Word, Excel. Some experience of Sage 50 would be an advantage but not essential as training would be given.
* Experience of using both electronic and manual stock systems.
* Be able to work as part of a team
* Professional telephone manner
* A willingness to learn
* Demonstrate flexibility in order to meet tight deadlines if required
* Good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in work
* Good level of education to at least GCSE level
* Effective communicator
* Experience of at least 2 years working in a procurement environment would be preferred.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Y2hyaXMuMTUwNDkuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →