Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Project Planner on behalf of our client who are a Ship & Fabrication Business based in the Hebburn area.
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for a number of years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week and reporting directly to the Project Manager and it will be your role to:-
* Be fully conversant with the computerised planning tools available within the company and make the most effective use of them when preparing a planning chart.
* Responsible for the interpretation of the specification and the fabrication resulting in the formulation of a logical, sequential and workable plan complete with a provisional labour forecast.
* Produce initial labour forecasts, progress monitored and updated, critical path analysis to be carried out and records to be produced and reported to the project manager.
* Understand and be proficient in the operation of the 4C planning system
* Understand and be proficient in the operation of the Microsoft Project Management planning system
* Reading and interpreting owners’ specifications
* Reading and interpreting estimators’ breakdowns
* Issuing plans to estimating, production and project personnel, and working in close liaison with them to ensure maximum effectiveness and usefulness.
* Providing an initial labour forecast for guidance only
* Inputting progress and carrying out critical path analysis.
* Provide the back-up in way of planning records in support of claims to the owners
* Development of the 4C planning system
* Provide training and support as required
* Ability to ensure bids/ tenders are received and competed on time.
* Ability to work for Tees and Tyne sites.
* Be flexible and have the ability to travel if needed to prospective clients.
* Represent the company in a professional manner to customer’s clients and contractors.
* Behave in a professionally, competently and ensuring compliancy with legislation and company policy.
Qualifications & Experience
* Planning Qualification
* HNC/ DEGREE in marine related discipline is desirable
* Experience in engineering environment
* Commercial experience
* Competent with MS Office
* Communication skills
* Experience in engineering background / ship building environment
* Use of planning tools (MS Project)
The above is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to conduct other duties as requested.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjIxMzI4Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →