Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting for a Project Cost Controller on a permanent basis for a global client based in the North East.
Our global client has a proud history of quality driven Engineering Excellence spanning six decades from three strategic locations in the UK.
Their vision is to continue to build the core business in support of the global shipping and maritime, oil and gas industries, and to further diversify into the emerging civil nuclear and renewable energy market sectors.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain the project costs throughout the duration of the project until the final account is settled with the client, also to monitor, maintain and report the financial achievement of the project to the company. To invoke constant change and improvement to provide the best possible service to other project team members, departments of the company and also to our customers and suppliers.
Your duties will be but not limited to:
* Maintaining customer accounts/invoices during projects.
* Monitor and review daily timesheets for both company and sub contractors
* Agreement of contract variations with the project manager.
* Negotiation of contract variations with the customer.
* Maintaining the project’s cost control file.
* Ensuring that the projects targets are achieved.
* Preparing financial information by project for the weekly contract review meetings.
* Ensure timely payment requests are made to customers to maintain company cash flow.
* Providing commercial support to the project and maintaining control of same.
* Providing a service to the customer on commercial and financial issues.
* Ensuring that the company’s objectives are achieved.
* Adhering to the company’s working practises and policies.
* Compliance with the Company’s Procedures
To be considered for the role you must have a minimum of 3 years Cost Controlling experience as well as:
* Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Self-directed and highly-motivated.
* Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
* Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
* High computer literacy.
* Knowledge of ship yards and marine.
* Engineering or other relevant degree from an accredited institution would be considered an advantage.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS43NzA1NS45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →