Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Project Accountant on a permanent basis for a global client based in the North East.
Our client has a proud history of quality driven Engineering Excellence spanning six decades and operates from three strategic locations in the UK.
Their vision is to continue to build the core business in support of the global shipping and maritime, oil and gas industries, and to further diversify into the emerging civil nuclear and renewable energy market sectors.
The main purpose of this role would be:
* To provide total commercial support to the project.
* To produce estimates for all types of work and vessel based on labour hours, materials and subcontractor values from specifications and drawings
* To evaluate the commercial value and technical compliance of subcontractor quotations
* To provide the best possible service to other departments of the company and also our customers and suppliers
* To maintain customer and sub-contractor accounts during repairs and if necessary afterwards to final settlement also to monitor, maintain and report the financial status of the projects to the company
* To promote change and improvement within the department to provide the best possible service to other departments of the company and also to our customers and suppliers.
Your duties will be but not limited to:
* Producing cost estimates against the customer specifications
* Analysis of competitive quotations of selection of sub-contractors at bid stage
* Compilation of material take-off form specifications and drawings
* Assisting the Project Manager and purchasing with the evaluation and awarding of sub contracts
* Maintaining customer accounts / invoices projects
* Negotiation and agreement of contracts variations with client, suppliers and sub-contractors
* Producing daily work lists for the project team detailing variations to contract
* Producing accurate regular (every other day) account update for our customer
* Agreement with the Project Manager for suppliers of material and sub-contractor services
* Clearing of invoices to ensure payment to suppliers
* Ensuring that the projects targets are achieved
* Preparing financial information by project for the weekly contract review meetings
* Ensure timely payment requests are made to customers to maintain company cash flow
To be considered for the role, you must have a relevant formal qualification as well as:
* A minimum of 3 years experience as a Project Accountant
* Confident with Finance, Budgeting and Decision Making
* Able to work under pressure and meet targets
* Knowledge of ship yards and the marine industry would be an advantage
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS4xMTY3MC45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →