Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS Recruitment are actively recruiting Production controllers to work with our Client a global ship repair, conversion and marine specialist in Tyne & Wear.
To be considered for this role it is essential you have a back ground in either a Ship Yard or Fabrication and have an exemplary health and safety culture.
Safety with our Client is paramount and the Production Controller will make sure all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
All work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
A high standard of housekeeping is expected at all times throughout your area(s) of control, you will carry out HSEQ inspections and any HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with your Line Manager and any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions you will be involved in.
RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Your day will be busy and varied from the supervision and management of production , project delivery and resources, people, contractors and supplies always ensuring compliance with Health Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and legislation is adhered to at all times along with;
* Supervise employees and contractors to achieve set project and production goals
* Manage trades and disciplines within their area of the ship or yard and plan the issue of work packages in line with project and contract requirements
* Understand contract programmes with the ability to develop agreed look-ahead based on milestones, stage gates and “S” curves
* Provide guidance and a central point of reference for yard employees and contractors, ensuring compliance with project specifications, inspection plans and procedures.
* Obtain, control and investigate target hours for all jobs and communicate target hours to production personnel and monitor performance against target hours
* Monitor, report progress against project and commercial targets, identifying and reporting problems and taking appropriate corrective action
* To resolve issues on a given project and ensure resources, materials and information are provided on time to allow efficient production
* Meet with the Yard Manager to agree labour loading requirements and allocation of labour to projects, discussing technical issues.
* Attend project planning / Start up meeting to understand and agree project plan objectives
To be considered this position you must have experience in the Supervision of subcontractors along with
* Supervisory experience of project and teams.
* Understanding of engineering preferably ship yard and/ or fabrication
* Trade trained as applicable in the aspect of production / operation being supervised
If you are interested in this role and require further information please contact Kelly.alexander@Rms-recruitment.co.uk or call 07764 926875
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuMzMwNzUuOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →