Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting an Operations Assistant on behalf of our client, a Global Shipping organisation to be based in the Dartford area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a global leader in the field of expertise.
Having worked in partnership with this client, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to work a 12 hour shifts rota, on an 8 week cycle, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Enhanced pension scheme
Reporting directly to the Senior Operations Assistant you will work as an integral part of the operations team holding responsibility for providing operational support to delivering towage services covering the London operation.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* To receive orders from the customer, organising the scheduling and logistics of fleet in order to ensure most efficient use of assets to deliver optimum service.
* To provide crewing operations and tug utilisation ensuring that obligations for availability of expertise, equipment and personnel are met at all times in order to maintain customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
* Working closely with the Commercial team use best available information to seek towage agreements with customers for towage services to maximise revenue.
* Deal with requests for coastal work, salvages or special services as they arise ensuring that all relevant parties are informed as promptly and accurately as possible.
* Maintain a good relationship and co-ordinate regularly with other port stakeholders, including the port authority, harbour master and pilots.
* Participate in an agreed rota system to ensure we provide 24 hour coverage for towage operations and emergency service.
* Liaise with crew to maintain operational rotas, and ensure compliance with relevant working time legislation.
* Arrange holiday and sickness cover, keeping accurate records of both.
* Regularly process operational invoice information which has been entered into sales database in order to keep an accurate record of work performed, and to facilitate efficient production of sales invoices.
* Assist with general administration tasks and undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the operational efficiency of the business.
To be considered for this position you must have knowledge and experience within the Maine industry as well as:
* 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent
* Experience in an administration / operational role
* Proficient in IT systems essential
* As part of the role you will be required to travel within the UK and other global locations.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS4yNzAxMy45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →