Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Trainee QS on behalf of our client, who are the market leader in the field of demolition and marine decommissioning and is now a significant land developer and port operator in the Hartlepool area.
A permanent position, with competitive salary on offer, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market. Contracted to 40 hours per week, 08:00 – 17:00 Mon-Fri
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager ensuring effective delivery of the commercial business function as instructed. You will also take part in 6 monthly reviews with the commercial director to review progress and re-establish aims and goals moving forward. This will continue for the length of the traineeship and beyond any further promotions giving you the opportunity to focus your development in key personal areas as well as in line with business needs.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* As an integrated member of the Project Management team assist Project team in all company commercial and contractual activities;
* Planning and monitoring of contract compliance (including any regulatory requirements) within the company commercial activities including keeping updated with current, changing and any new requirements;
* Adopting any delegated authorities in project assurance or project delivery roles within agreed project reporting structures;
* Prepare and maintain commercial reports and records including any stage and exception plans as required;
* Be familiar with project scopes of work to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated;
* Recognise change in project scope and take the appropriate action in variation control;
* Monitor overall progress and efficient use of resources, proposing corrective action where necessary;
* Ensuring procurement activities, particularly requisitioning, are carried out by the company in accordance with company procedures; and correctly allocated with in the project work breakdown structure (WBS);
* Ensure accurate booking of all costs, including but not limited to labour, plant and materials, to project WBS;
* Control project budgets and recognise and take appropriate action within company procedures if budget changes are recognised
* Reporting through agreed lines on project progress and forecasts through highlight reports and stage assessments;
* Managing the commercial control of projects as Client/Main Contractor and controlling Subcontract accounts;
* Project Administration; including invoicing and ensuring monthly project costs relevant to the scope of works are recorded;
* Assist with project evaluation to assess project performance preparing appropriate regular reports including forecasting;
* Assist with compiling a Lessons Learned/Close Out report;
* Preparing any follow-on action recommendations as required;
* Build and sustain effective professional communications and relationships with all project, and business parties;
* Maintaining the necessary records in compliance with company approved ISO system;
* Effectively control and manage any dispute resolution process.
* Manage and monitor project cost and valuations and provide regular updates to Project team and Commercial Manager
To be considered this position you will be well organised, capable, reliable and commercially astute; you must be cognisant of, and adaptable to, the company contract and commercial requirements.
As the company operates within the fields of property development, estates management, heavy civil engineering, construction, port operations, marine decommissioning (onshore), demolition and waste management; You must have experience of working in at least one of the fields named above;
You must be able to provide reasoned contractual and commercial assistance to the Commercial Manager, Project Managers, Construction / Demolition Managers and the Board of Directors; and you will be required to ensure effective reporting on contract management detailing costs and value including contract variation control and remaining informed and knowledgeable with the latest forms of contract, legislation and contract law.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S2VsbHkuMTYyNzguOTY3MUByZXNvdXJjZW1zLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ →