Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting an NPI Lead Assembly Engineer on behalf of our client, a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the Wolverhampton area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Enhanced pension scheme
* Complimentary onsite parking
* Early Friday finish
Reporting directly to the NPI Engineering Manager you will work as an integral part of the NPI team holding responsibility leading the department regarding the development of personnel, procurement of equipment, feasibility analysis and ability to co-ordinate the introduction of new assembly equipment into plant, also supporting prototype builds, customer engineering change requests, cost down improvements & standardising documentation
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Knowledge required to support assembly feasibility, process layout definition & tooling fixture design
* Support with Industrial Engineers model cell implementation including TPM instructions, shim logs, layout defined, 5S equipment in place, correct lighting, documentation
* Complete Pre & Final Buy Off’s at Supplier
* Support the PPAP Project requirements, including creation of BOM’s process flows, PFMEA’s etc.. onto the company’s database
* Use GPCS gateways when supporting new project implementation
* Communication and Presentations, directly with Customers and internal
* Provide timing for assembly milestones and activities for Project timing plan
* Supporting the Project Manager during Project introduction phase
* Provide timing for quality milestones and activities for Project timing plan
* Escalate issues that could potentially undermine the program
* Ensuring assembly / customer build milestones are achieved
* Identify and schedule improvement opportunities
To be considered this position you must be educated to HNC level in Manufacturing or Engineering as well as:
* A time served Engineering apprenticeship ideally as a Toolmaker
* A proven background in leadership and also introduction of assembly equipment from initial visualisation through to buy off and introduction into production. ideal candidate would have knowledge in automated cells, welding cells & other joining cells.
* Current driving license, as travel to customers and suppliers will be required as and when necessary. Ability to support foreign travel as and when required.
* Knowledge required to support timing plans, assembly feasibility, process layout definition & tooling fixture design
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS43OTUwMi45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →