Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are proud to be working in partnership with IK-UK in recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer (Inventor) to join their team on a permanent basis in Newton Aycliffe.
IK have been supplying pipeline pigs and pigging solutions for 10 years with an excellent track record in delivering quality products, safe operations, and flexible innovative solutions.
Contracted to 37 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
* Health care
* 28 days holidays
* Complimentary on – site parking
* Early Friday finish
* Flexible working hours
* Sick Pay
Reporting directly to the Design Team Leader you will work as an integral part of the design team holding responsibility for providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision. You will be required to interface with sales, clients and subcontractors, whilst following the job from sales receipt through to final inspection, testing and dispatch. You will be responsible for working on weekly progress reports and ensuring schedule updates are managed.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Perform detailed design of Pig Signallers and systems
* Develop and review of testing and fabrication documentation
* Develop custom based design where appropriate
* Preparation of MRBs and Documentation Dossiers to customer purchase order requirements
* Perform engineering calculations as required
* Provide input to tenders/proposals
* Collaborate with Purchasing & Production departments to ensure on time delivery within budget
* Develop engineering, project and user documentation
* Provide input to project cost and planning activities
* Liaise with clients and suppliers
* Responsible for supplies from initiation to complete supply
* Follow up assembly and testing activity within IK Workshop.
To be considered this position you must be educated to a minimum of HNC level as well as:
* A minimum of 4 years Autodesk Inventor experience
* Confident with AutoCAD, Vault, Mathcad MS Project
* Experience of assessing client specifications including materials, material testing, functional testing and inspection requirements
Although not essential, experience within Oil & Gas would be advantageous.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS42MDk5OC45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →