Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Material Handling Supervisor on behalf of our client, a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the Aston area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having worked in partnership with this client for many years, RMS are well networked within the industry and are proud to have recruited some of the very best talent within the market.
Contracted to around 38 hours per week and flexible to work overtime, notable benefits for this position include:
* 23 days holidays (that increase with length of service)
* Enhanced pension scheme
* Death in service 4 x salary
* Private health care scheme
* Complimentary onsite parking
* Many more benefits too many to list
Reporting directly to the Materials Manager you will work as an integral part of material handling team holding responsibility for supervising 2 x Team Leaders and 26 material handling staff.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge on company objectives, production strategies, stock targets and support activities.
* Supervise 2 Team Leaders and 26 Material Handling staff including their safety, training and time sheets.
* Plan and monitor material movement.
* Plan equipment, material and manpower requirements to meet production schedule.
* Coordinate with Production in resolving production planning and control issues.
* Work with cross-functional teams to complete orders on time and within customer specifications.
* Communicate production updates to Managers and customers on regular basis.
* Perform inventory management according to company policies.
* Monitor inventory status and generate monthly inventory reports.
* Identify delivery exception and provide alternative solutions.
* Generate reports on production shortages for analysis.
* Address customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion.
* Develop process improvements for inventory, manufacturing and production control systems
* Maintain 12 Fork Lift Truck’s.
* A strong relationship with the customer is essential as there will be frequent communication and often visits.
To be considered for this position you will have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Material Handling Supervisor as well as:
* Experience working within 5S methodology to maintain the workplace to a high standard
* Possess the ability to work efficiently and accurately, to prioritise workload, be self-motivated, and work on your own initiative with a clear focus on quality.
* Being able to prioritise workload and communicate with the relevant departments.
* Have a good attitude, flexible to challenges and possible changes are essential. Also, must be prepared to work overtime
* In addition to this you will have good IT skills and flexible with new systems.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS42NjQwNC45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →