Resource Management Solutions
RMS are pleased to be working with a multi disciplinary engineering firm based in Darlington, they are looking for an Inventor Draughtsman to join the team.
- Produce accurate 3D models, general arrangement and fabrication drawings as well as manufacturing documentation
- Maintain progress of the work/ completions in line with project contract planning. Conduct on-site surveys for means of data/model verification and design.
- The ability to design and create 2D and 3D drawings. Must be a strong draughtsman and will be required to create and modify 3D models using Autodesk Inventor professional.
- Produce and self-check engineering drawings and/or associated fabrication details, material lists or Bills of Materials in accordance with the Contract Programme. Ensure that any subsequent corrections, inclusions or alterations are implemented expediently and record changes together with engineering hours expended in the contract file.
- To administer and maintain an accurate drawing register in accordance with project work-packs.
- To provide reporting to the project PM in relation to progress of the work and to update the wider team in weekly production meetings.
- To ensure that the scope of work assigned together with all relevant Specifications, Codes, Standards and Procedures are fully understood.
- To ensure all work progresses in accordance with current revisions of all documents and client 2D models and drawings.
- To maintain a record of all documents produced in accordance with the Company Quality Management System.
- Liaise with the assigned Design Engineer to ensure that all details comply with design specifications and for assistance or guidance in the interpretation of engineering specifications or instructions if required.
- Resolve any manufacturing queries raised in the most expedient manner, ensuring that any modifications resulting are approved by the assigned Design Engineer if applicable.
- Carry out detailed dimensional surveys on-site and interrogate the data captured.
- To be capable of working effectively with minimum supervision in the office and during site surveys.
- To liaise with client’s engineer or nominated point of contact for technical issues.
The ideal candidate:
- Computer Literate
- Capable in the use of AutoCAD Mechanical Software
- Capable in the use of Inventor Software
- Capable in the use of Data management systems
- Capable in the use of Microsoft office applications
- Capable of using Auto Desk Vault and ILogic alongside Inventor
- Capable of conducting site surveys in challenging environments.
- MOD projects experience an advantage as is an existing Security Clearance
Interested? Please apply online or contact Phil on 01325 389333.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees based on suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.applybe.com/?a=43A644BA4.0 →