Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting an Estimator on behalf of our client who are a Ship & Fabrication Business based in the Hebburn area.
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for a number of years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week and reporting directly to the Estimation Manager and it will be your role to:-
* Provide estimates for all types of fabrication work and vessels based on labour hours, materials and subcontractor values from specifications and drawings.
* To evaluate the commercial value and technical compliance of subcontractor quotations.
* To promote change and improvement within the department to provide the best possible service to other departments of the company and also to our customers and suppliers.
* Producing cost estimates against the customers’ specification.
* Evaluation of customer’s specification and drawings for subcontract content.
* Analysis of competitive quotations for selection of sub-contractors at bid stage.
* Ship and/or customer visits for clarification of requirements.
* Compilation of material take-off from specifications and drawings.
* Utilisation of Excel estimating system for producing estimates and tender documentation.
* Producing detailed responses to customers’ specification with qualification and / or reservations.
* Production of tender cost summary and bid approval sheets.
* Production of tender documentation compliant with the contract requirements.
* Assisting the project manager and purchasing with the evaluation and awarding of sub contracts.
* Negotiation and agreement of contract variations with the client, suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Agreement with the project manager for suppliers of material and sub contract service.
* Contract evaluation of suppliers to ensure compliance with company policies.
* Evaluation of single source suppliers quotes to determine compliance with agreements and competitiveness.
* Ability to ensure bids/ tenders are received and competed on time.
* Ability to work for Tees and Tyne sites.
* Be flexible and have the ability to travel if needed to prospective clients.
* Represent the company in a professional manner to customer’s clients and contractors.
* Behave in a professionally, competently and ensuring compliancy with legislation and company policy.
Qualifications & Experience
* Estimating experience
* Knowledge of heavy industry/ship yards or marine industry
* Relationship management
* Communication and interpersonal relations
* Financial awareness
* Making decisions
* Planning and organising
* Meet targets
* Good judgement and analytical ability
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Leadership and teamwork
* Commercial awareness
* Data analysis, excel and management reporting
The above is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to conduct other duties as requested.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjM0Njc4Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →