Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting an Expert Engineer – Layout, Capacity & Capex on behalf of our client who are a globally recognised automotive supplier based in the Sunderland area.
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Engineering Department of a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive manufacturing industry.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable benefits for this position include:
* 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme (Matched up to 7%)
* Complimentary on-site parking
* Company Sick Pay Scheme
* Life Assurance
The role is to work within a small team of Engineers to enable the effective & timely response to customer quotations and development of new process concepts up to Process Design Drawing completion at the first off tool trial phase. The scope of responsibilities will cover confirmation of Layout including material flow, capacity and the management of required the Capital investment plan to ensure the required returns on investment are made.
* Review and understand external customer technical RFI/RFQ requirements.
* Communicate customer requirements to global production engineering teams.
* Work closely with plant engineering to optimise proposed RFQ response manufacturing process in line with existing plant layouts with confirmation of layout changes as necessary.
* Confirmation of manufacturing capacity requirement changes with incremental business opportunities and volume fluctuations.
* Implementation of Make vs Buy and Make vs Make processes based on optimised capacity and investment.
* Working with plant engineering to understand improvement plans targeted on future capacity improvement and utilisation.
* Understanding of benchmark costs for manufacturing processes and equipment.
* Management of ongoing Capex plan to prioritise height and timing of spend to maximise returns.
* Validate capacity and investment plans included in RFI/RFQ responses in line with required reply schedules.
* Adherence to NPL project schedules with a working knowledge of EPMS.
* Manufacturing / Production Engineering background and understanding of varied and company related manufacturing processes preferred.
* Proven track record of controlling process costs including understanding of appropriate financial KPI’s.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Very good communicator with proven project management skills.
* Willingness to travel as required.
* HND / Degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjM3MjYwLjk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →