Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
**** LEAN / CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER ****
Do you have knowledge and experience of the Lean Manufacturing Principles?
Can you competently implement continuous improvement process changes to improve business performance?
Have you worked in the engineering / manufacturing industry?
Do you live in or within commutable distance of Northallerton?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then we may just have the role for you and you should read on to see if it interests you.
A manufacturing company based in the Northallerton area have a requirement for a competent Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to lead, develop, improve and execute lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities & processes with the focus on lean manufacturing implementation, process standardization and the reduction of variation and elimination of waste & non-value-added activities in the business.
The key responsibilities will include:-
* Develop, train and implement lean manufacturing and best practice tools and techniques across all production areas.
* Standardize, document, train and audit manufacturing processes and methods.
* Lead and facilitate manufacturing problem solving activities.
* Validate new products and design changes in manufacturing.
* Identify and execute manufacturing cost down, efficiency and effectiveness improvements
* Support in the training and development of new personnel and the team to ensure they have the right skill set to meet the needs of the business.
* Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system by all team members.
* Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
* Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
Requirements for the role include:-
* 2-3 years’ experience of working as Lean Implementation Continuous Improvement Engineer in a product design, manufacture and supply environment.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
* Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture and understanding of lean manufacturing tools techniques (5S/TPM/Standard Work/Line Balancing)
* Strong effective decision making, organizational, time management, communication and IT skill.
* Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
* Full and current UK driving license
* Monday to Friday – 7am to 4.30pm
* Salary on offer – c£35k pa
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job. If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjUyOTQwLjk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →