Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Coating Engineer on behalf of our client who are a globally recognised automotive supplier based in the North East of England
A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Contracted to 39 hours p/w, Benefits for this position:
* 33 days AL inclusive of bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme – Up to 12% contribution from company
* Subsidized Canteen
* Onsite parking
* Early Friday finish
Reporting directly to the Project Leader onsite, it will be your role to develop, install and ramp-up to full mass production, a new coating facility for the application of an anti-rust paint to automotive products.
Following installation, the appointee will become resident engineer responsible for all aspects of equipment performance, including maintenance, spares ordering & control, production KPI’s including scrap, quality, control of consumables, output improvements and safety/training for both operators & maintenance technicians.
You will also represent the company at external supplier facing meetings, supporting development & commissioning aspects for successful launch of a new manufacturing process in the plant.
* Oversee the mass production launch of a new process applying best practice from within the industry to ensure equipment availability & up time.
* Maintains a monthly update on engineering progress with key stakeholders, specifically section leader & department manager but other seniors as workload dictates.
* Is responsible for and manages delivery of departmental expenditure budget, reporting out monthly variances whilst seeking ways of process optimisation & cost reduction.
* Able to manage complex demands from both production & process improvement dimensions.
* Management & responsibility for coating product samples, covering all prototyping, design & manufacture of tooling to meet customer deadlines.
* Represents the process in front of customers, being able to articulate in a clear confident manner, typically hosting up to 6 major visits per year.
* Will establish a fully operational local TPM system, including training of the necessary personnel to manage process up time including delivery of all associated KPI’s. To also include appropriate maintenance contracts with specialist vendors & local providers alike.
* Establishes standards, based on risk assessments, for the safe operation of the process with all necessary PPE deployed & controlled, to include basic operation, standard maintenance and high level maintenance.
* Manages ordering, delivery & control of all process consumables, spares and tooling.
Skills, Knowledge and Experienced Required/Desirable
* Works with local management to develop process in line with technical challenges, ensuring absolute compliance to all manufacturing & control standards.
* Leads customer project & audit visits within own process arena in a professional, confident specialist manner.
* Ensures the process is available and operating at optimum performance standards whilst fully complying with all safe working systems and procedures.
* Deployment & control of an effective TPM system to satisfy all relevant KPI measures.
* Minimum HND in an Engineering discipline with a clear desire for progression.
* Working towards or possesses NVQ level 4 or equivalent in management.
* Recognised engineering apprenticeship.
* 2 to 3 years working in a highly automated, high volume coating operation, to micron accuracy levels, being fully conversant with the process controls and equipment management for effective quality control & up time assurance.
* 1 to 2 years in a technical engineering role, ideally within the automotive coating industry, either at sub supplier or Tier 1 level.
* A minimum of 2 years working with Plant & machinery installation.
* Has working knowledge of Local Extraction Ventilation systems, including maintenance and repair to ensure compliance to agreed environmental emission standards, including consents of discharge with local authorities.
* Has working knowledge of the CE, PUWER & COSHH regulations, with particular emphasis on coating plant systems and associated compliance needs.
* Able to converse and articulate in a clear concise manner, across the organisation and be able to defend a proposal when challenged.
* Skilled in the use of Microsoft software packages.
* Ability to manage own workload and to balance that against production demands.
* A rudimentary understanding of the automotive sector and a basic awareness of its direction.
* Can prepare clear concise summaries of complex technical matters for senior management.
* Strong desire for self-development, capable of identifying areas of weakness.
* Does what’s needed to succeed and is able to handle pressure and make logical managed decisions.
* Understands the need for, and is able construct, effective Risk Assessment & Method Statements as required.
* Working knowledge of sub-contractor management & supervision with the confidence to challenge where standards fail to meet expectation.
* Has a developed working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC control systems. A working knowledge of Fanuc robots would be desirable.
* Capable of preparing detailed vendor specifications for quotations of new equipment, including; M&E works, performance & quality requirements, safety, training, installation & pass-off.
* Trained in 3D CAD, preferably Autodesk Inventor, and be able to prepare design solutions to technical challenges.
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5kcmV3LjI3NjQ1Ljk2NzFAcmVzb3VyY2Vtcy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →