Website Resource Management Solutions NE LTD
RMS – Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Chartered Structural Design Manager on behalf of our client a Global Oil & Gas company based in the North East England. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of their industry.
This is working for a progressive company who are at the forefront the engineering industry. Specialising in the design, build and load out of modules this client has the capability of providing bespoke turnkey solutions of high integrity modular solutions for onward sea transportation. They have recently been secured one of the UK’s most prestigious Health and Safety Awards (ROSPA) which represents their 17th consecutive gold as they continue to achieve exemplary health & safety standards. This is a fantastic time to join a company who are strongly positioned and well recognised in the industry.
Due to the expansion of project scope, the role of Chartered Structural Design Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Design team as well as having a hands-on approach ensuring the projects run smoothly from inception through to completion.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
* To produce economical design solutions to meet project requirements and maintain records in accordance with QA procedures.
* To ensure designs can be implemented within the constraints of client (or nominated sub-contractor) capabilities.
* To ensure that design for live contracts is performed in the required timescale, and adequately communicated to the drawing office.
* To provide technical support to tendering activities as required.
* To provide technical support to R & D projects as required.
* In addition to the role of Design Manager the role will also encompass management, mentoring and planning and reporting responsibility for the design team, primarily after project award. The development and supervision of a design process map and plan to ensure tasks are completed in a logical and timely fashion whilst following the key company Quality Systems is also required.
To be considered this position you must be Chartered with a Professional Engineering qualification as well as:
* A minimum of 7 years experience with Structural Design Engineering
* Demonstrable experience of Managing teams and projects
* Competent with Staad software
* Competent with technical software
* Computer Literate
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWRhbS44MjQ0My45NjcxQHJlc291cmNlbXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t →