Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news
- Latest: ECB says it will accelerate pace of its bond buying
- Central bank will buy bonds at faster pace to help recovery
- Move could calm fears of rising bond yields
- John Lewis to close more stores as Covid crisis wipes out profits
- BAT takes 19.9% stake in cannabis firm Organigram
- Markets at one week high; Dow hit record last night
Onto the recent rise in government bond yields, where Christine Lagarde warns that rising market rates post a risk to wider financing conditions.
They could lead to a premature tightening of financial conditions.
On inflation, Christine Lagarde says underlying pressures remain subdued, with the overall inflation outlook broadly unchanged.