British manufacturing strengthened in October, but the City faces up to 75,000 job losses after Brexit
- Latest: BoE on impact of Brexit
- UK manufacturing output rose last month
- British factories are doing well, say experts
- Introduction: Next warns of ‘extremely volatile’ trading
- High street sales fell a ‘sickening’ 7.7%
- Shares drop almost 8% in early trading
Breaking: America’s factory sector is expanding at its fastest rate since January.
Markit’s US manufacturing PMI rose to 54.6 in October, up from 53.1 in September. That’s comfortably over the 50-point mark separating expansion from contraction.
US Markit Manufacturing PMI Final (Oct) 54.6 (Prev. 54.5) pic.twitter.com/gOXn0eQ7xq
ADP reported U.S. private-sector payrolls up 2.08% in the year through October, fastest pace of growth since March 2016
Wall Street traders have held a moment’s silence as a mark of respect for those who were killed in Tuesday’s truck attack in New York.